9/27 Owl Garden

These last few weeks, we have been working on two subjects. The two connect, one was owls (see my owl letter on my dashboard) and their adaptations. The other subject is organisms. We have been working on the hoop house to get the plants growing and healthy. 

We had to read 1 chapter and fill out a piece of paper. What I learned while reading is that we have a parasite in our eyebrows and eyelashes and other areas on our faces with hair. These parasites usually don’t do anything harmful. In really rare cases they make red itchy spots. I also learned what a niche is. It is like an ingredient. In order for an animal to live in one habitat, it needs a niche. Animals need food to survive. A squirrel need seeds and nuts to survive. These types of food are niches. Another niche is a shelter. Humans need shelter to survive. Without shelter we will die.

I really enjoy learning about organisms. There are so many different parts of them i’d like to learn more about.

3 thoughts on “9/27 Owl Garden

1. Excellent post-Molly, I am glad you are able to make the connection between what we are learning in class and your readings. Even the hoop house has many lessons to teach us:)

Remember to ask 3 questions.