Hi I am the president of the Finches. 1/9/21

“Hello. I am the president of the Finches. I know we all come in differnt shapes and sizes, although we are all the same… becuase we are all the same kind of species. I know we have been struggling with this whole “finches are the smallest common household pet.” We will get over this. This is hard to overcome, I mean we are only 4 inches in length and we are only softbill birds, if you know what I mean… because I don’t. Anyway, know that we are small and sometimes really, really, really fat. we are big in intelligence. As you all may know, the glodenfinches are flying south this week. Their first charm this year. For all our new comers a charm is a group of goldenfinches.

This is our nut free day. We need to keep the bullfinches’ voices ready to be trained to mimic the national anthem next week. Let’s hear a round of applause for them. Alright, that is enough. And for our lesser redpull finches, you guys really need to stop hanging upside down. Our hospitals can not keep up. Alright, alright, I know, I know. it’s “for fun”

I wonder why finches are so colorful? Why are Bullfinches the only type of finch that can be tought to mimic songs? How did people come up with the name finch?